Saturday 15 June 2024

A shift to Canadian research

 

                                                                  Notes I made previously on the Matheson family 

It never fails, I feel like I'm getting somewhere with my DNA studies and following the Maidment line but now I need to shift focus. It's time to get my research ready for a genealogy trip. Unfortunately, I won't be jetting off to Dorset to find out more about my family there. On this trip my concentration will be on Canadian records. Strangely, when I was busy filling out the wrong line of Maidment descendants, a shoot from that line took me off to Canada as well. As yet, my now and, I hope, correct line of Maidments hasn't taken me in that direction. There's still a chance though as other things have gotten in my way so that research hasn't born much fruit yet. Who knows where the correct Maidment line will take me. I have a suspicion that some of the Maidment descendants ended up in Australia. 

For now, I need to concentrate on my Canadian lines. I've done a fair amount of research over the years. So much that I often come across notes that I've made but have totally forgotten about. I was surprised to find a book containing notes that I took from a book that gave me clues on my Matheson family. The book was Angie Littlefield's The Thomsons of Durham. There were interesting details in it about a marriage and death the records for which I've been searching for a long long time. I need to see the records with my own eyes, though, especially as I've found some details in the book that I can dispute. I hope to be a bit further ahead in my research once my trip is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment