Saturday 30 March 2024

Happy Easter

 

                                                                            Daffodils, a sure sign of spring


Easter always makes me think of spring as, happily, they coincide, at least here in the Northern Hemisphere. But my childhood was spent in the suburbs of Montreal, so it was usual to still have snow on the ground when that particular holiday rolled around. I still remember spring flowers for the holiday because our school had a lengthy time off for the religious celebration. (It was Quebec, after all, a very Catholic province.) My family chose that time to leave the snow behind and go back to England. There were lots of spring flowers there and, even better, British chocolate!

May you enjoy your time at Easter as much as I enjoyed the Easter Eggs I ate during those English vacations!

1 comment:

  1. Sadly one cannot say a "very Catholic province" anymore. I live in BC but I still have next of kin over there.

    ReplyDelete