Saturday 7 January 2023

Plans for a distracted researcher

 


After the social gatherings of December, it's hard to get back to routines and remember what I was working on. It didn't help that I'd put everything on hold when I went for a beach vacation towards the end of 2022.

It's time to remind myself of what I want to get done. Time to come up with a plan or else I'll get pulled down one rabbit hole after another. That was clear after I went into my Ancestry account for the first time in a long time. The landing page featured one possibility after another from family trees to recipes. Mmm, I like apple cobbler, I wonder what they use in that recipe? But I digress, time to get back to my plan.

Of course, there's a complication. Isn't there always? In the spring I've got a group genealogy week scheduled in Salt Lake City. Prep work is needed for that too. Now, just what do I want to find out when I'm there? Maybe if I work on the list of tasks left over from last year I'll come up with a direction I want to concentrate on for this year's research. Maybe a webinar on organization would help but then I'd have to add that to the plan. I know, I'll give myself until next week to come up with a research plan for the year or at least the start of one. Tune in next week and hopefully I'll be organized by then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment