Saturday 10 December 2022

Getting back to it

 


This has been a year of travel for me, now that some of the restrictions of the past years have been eased a bit. The latest travel was a beach holiday in Mexico. There was no family history involved. Well, at least on my part. It was my first trip to Mexico other than the time we parked and crossed the border at Tijuana for a day. That was back in the '70s. I would imagine even that border town has changed since then. 

The trip was more reminiscent for my travel companion. More than once she brought up past travels to the country, the first time when she was a teen travelling with parents and siblings. That brought to mind my own travels when I was still living at home. We took beach vacations too, probably more to get away from the long Montreal winters. Like many people from Quebec, we headed south to Florida. In fact, my parents liked it so much they bought a house near Kissimmee.

That brings to mind a whole other story, an adventure of sorts. Perhaps there is something in my latest trip to trigger thoughts of family history and memories of the way I have migrated from one place to another. Maybe the break I took from family history will inspire me in new directions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment