Have you seen the recent Origins update from Ancestry? They seem to do updates on a regular basis. It makes it hard to judge how to use this information to take my ancestry back further. I was happy to see that my DNA from Cornwall, which they identified last time, has disappeared from this update. I never could figure that one out. Now it just shows Devon & Somerset in that area which makes sense because both of my parents had ancestors who came from Dorset which is in the same part of the country.
This time they threw in another strange origin for me - Quebec and Acadia. There has never been a hint of that kind of ancestry in my own personal family tree. It makes me wonder where they came up with that finding and if it will go the way of Cornwall in the next update.
The thing that really has me wondering though is their take on my Irish ancestry which they've labeled as Ulster this time. When I look at the Living DNA maps of my Irish origins it pinpoints the other parts of Ireland excluding Ulster. And, of course, that is the one country where I could use some help pinning down the geography of my links.
Coloured map for Ancestry Origins
Coloured map for Living DNA
Sources:
Ancestry DNA – Origins
Living DNA – map of related DNA
locations

No comments:
Post a Comment