Saturday 25 June 2022

Getting ready for on the road research

 

                                                                  Some of the research results from a previous trip

Oh, to be better organized. I start off with good intentions. Now that I'm trying to get ready for a genealogy hunt I can see the results of my on the road research leave much to be desired. I love to take copies of entries showing my ancestors but they are on full pages of data. Which was the relevant entry and how did it fit into my family tree?

I need to come up with a better system when I research do in-person research. There are tech options out there but I prefer to use paper and pencil. Many of the research notebooks I have are a jumble of research for different family lines. That's especially true of the research I've done in Salt Lake City. At least the books I've written in when I go to particular family areas concentrate on certain branches of my family tree.

Paper records are only one part of the problem. Tech development over the years also resulted in a proliferation of thumb drives. It's time to unearth the ones related to my upcoming research trip. Of course, I've left everything until the last minute so I better start organizing. I want to find new information while I'm away not duplicates of what I already have. Who knows, if I concentrate on organizing I might find some unremembered gems in the family information I already have!

No comments:

Post a Comment