Saturday 5 June 2021

Time for research

 

The research about my families' World War Two stories is a larger task than I originally thought. When doing most research, information is generally sparse and I'm happy to find one or two sources. But I've been collecting books about WWII for years and, in covering whole families, there are lots of different topics to cover.

Helpfully, my father wrote an article for a newsletter which he titled "Personal Wartime Memories" which provides details about where he was stationed. I just happen to have a copy of The Historical Atlas of World War II which I plan to use to follow the path of his travels, many of which were in the Far East.

As for those on the home front, I have at least eight books about the blitz and other books about what was happening for those who stayed home. It looks like I have my work and my reading cut out for me. Now where did I put Erik Larson's The Splendid and the Vile? That seems like a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment