Tuesday 25 April 2017

Age and Fashion in History part 2



Ever since men and women organized themselves into societies and covered their bodies with something, whether that was fur, skins, grasses, metal or tattoos, there has been fashion. Fashion could show that you belonged to the group, or not; that you were of higher status or perhaps lesser. 

Information about the fashions of ancient peoples can be uncovered in burials by studying the adornments on their bodies and the grave goods they took with them on their final journeys.  Their attitudes about ageing cannot be deduced in the same way. 

In my research I have found that a significant amount of information is available about fashion and attitudes to ageing from the middle ages forward so I will start my exploration there. As my research is predominantly in Britain and North American, I will limit most of my discussion to those areas. Historic fashion is so colourful and illustrates different eras so well that some of those images will be incorporated. Which means I will get to try my hand at some fashion drawing when I don't have photos that fit the text. This should be fun!


  

2 comments:

  1. Really appreciate all the stuff made by this blog to let people know more about this topic. I added little more relevant points to my knowledge which definitely going to help me in coming future. สเปรย์เคลือบรองเท้า

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that this blog increased your knowledge of the topic. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete